The increase in extreme weather events and rising sea levels are unmistakable signs of climate change. Roughly 850 million people still live without access to electricity, which is one of the basic foundations of modern day civilization.
Frequently Asked Questions
How it Looks: Some individuals don’t like the aesthetics and how solar panels look on their home. However, there are newer panels that are available, which may even accentuate the look of your home.
Impacts to Efficiencies: Some residential and commercial properties have certain characteristics about them that prevent optimal the performance of their solar energy systems. For example:
– Poor roof design – A home with too many vents or corners that makes it difficult to maximize space to fit solar panels.
– Poor positioning – South-facing roofs typically are best since they maximize the exposure to the sun.
– Weather – Solar panels work efficiently in most weather conditions unless it is extraordinarily cloudy or an area without a lot of sunlight.
2. Tax Credits: Financial incentives for installation which may include Federal and State tax credits.
3. Home Value: Solar can increase the property value when you own your system. The average home buyer would be willing to pay more for a home that had a lower cost to maintain? Imagine if your home’s value increased by 3.75% if you added solar to your home.
4. Sustainability: By using solar power we can eliminate our dependence on fossil fuel-based energy from the utility company, we also prevent the release of air pollutants that are harmful to both the environment and public health.
5. Provides Protection: Solar panels can provide protection for your roof, and from the sun and extend your roofs life-span.
6. Power Grid Demand: By going solar, you can reduce your energy demand during peak 1. Cost-Effective: Reduced electricity cost and makes a predictable electric bill.
7. Low Maintenance: Solar systems typically require very little if any maintenance at all; they are incredibly durable and easily accessible for service and repair.